- There are many Ancient Greek Texts describing a continent on the other side of the Atlantic
- These texts were written from the most representative figures of the Ancient world (Homer, Hesiod, Plato, Plutarch etc.)
- These texts were popular in the ancient world
How these texts were written?
1) It was a fantasy,
2) It was a religious aspect,
3) It was a memory from the bronze age navigators – Aegeans – Minoans – Mycenaeans (names like Rhadamanthys, Minos, Perseas, Jason and Hercules were connected with these stories).
Whatever it is, the popular information (of the texts) that on the other side of the Atlantic there is a huge Continent could be a powerful incentive for later ancient sailors (under command of a powerful leader, under the passion of ambition or under the pressure of hopelessness) TO TRY TO EXPLORE THE OCEAN AND FIND THE “OTHER SIDE CONTINENT”.